Having a set of white, healthy, and well-aligned teeth can boost anyone’s confidence and make them appear more attractive, educated, approachable, and hygienic.
However, not everyone has a set of pearly whites to show off. If you constantly feel a lack of confidence and insecure because of your yellow, broken, chipped, or oddly spaced-out teeth, investing in dental veneers will offer your problem the fastest and relatively cheapest solution.
Keep reading below to learn more about the best time to invest in dental veneers.
What Are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers or porcelain veneers are paper-thin white shells designed to cover a damaged or yellow tooth. These shells are made from materials that feel like teeth, are hard, lasting and extremely light, and are custom made to fit the size and match the patient’s damaged tooth color.
In general, dental veneers can last nearly five to ten years; however, the exact duration depends on how the veneers are used and handled.
Who Needs Dental Veneers?
- People who have broken or chipped teeth
- People with worn-outteeth
- Those with extremely sensitive teeth who need an external cover to consume hot and cold food
- People with yellow or discolored teeth. The discolorations can be caused by old age, excessive alcohol consumption, smoking, poor dental hygiene, or a root canal treatment
- People with odd gaps between their teeth
- People with poorly aligned teeth
When Is it Safe to Get Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers do not cause any harm or damage to a person’s teeth. However, since a person’s jawbone and facial structure tend to grow with time, it is best to order custom-made veneers.
Generally, the ideal minimum age for investing in dental veneers is sixteen for women and eighteen for men. However, it is important to remember that while dental veneers cover the damaged appearance of your teeth, they do not protect the teeth against decay.
Hence, you must remove your veneers before brushing your teeth to ensure you take care of your dental health.
Benefits of Getting Dental Veneers
- Dental veneers mimic the appearance of regular teeth, which means they look natural.
- Since they cover the teeth, people who have dental veneers are able to eat all foods without pain or discomfort.
- Moreover, while braces can also help reduce gapsor alignment issues, the process is painful and time-consuming. Dental veneers offer a quick and fast solution
Final Thoughts: Cosmetic and Family Dentistry Germantown
If your tooth is badly stained or is chipped from the corner, adding a dental veneer can enhance your appearance and boost your confidence.